Delete a device service property.
This endpoint can delete an individual service property, or all the properties of a particular service. To delete a particular property, specify the selector as the fully qualified name of the property, as “SERVICE-NAME.PROPERTY.” To delete all the properties associated with a service, specify the service name without attaching a property name.
An account token, server token, or user token may be used to run this endpoint.
- id (required): The ID of the device.
- selector (required): The fully qualified name of the service, as “SERVICE-NAME.PROPERTY.”
- No content returned, only the status code. See the REST API Standard Responses page.
- Device Invalid: The standard error structure defines this error as invalid parameters, with an invalid ID. In this context, it means that the ID given for a client is invalid.
- No Query String Allowed: The standard error structure defines this error as invalid parameters, with additional parameters in the query string. In this context, it means that no query string is allowed at all when calling this endpoint.
- Service Property Invalid: The standard error structure defines this error as invalid parameters, with an invalid selector. In this context, it means that the service property given does not exist in the specified service.
- Device Not Found: This error means that a device with the given ID was not found. This is distinct from an invalid device ID being specified; this means that the device ID once existed, but no longer does.
- Service Not Found: This error means that a service by the given name and/or format was not found.
DELETE https://ioe.droplit.io/api/devices/DEVICE-ID/services/SERVICE-SELECTOR HTTP/1.1 authorization: TOKEN
droplit device clear DEVICE-ID PROPERTY-NAME